How Donald Trump Could Change Travel in 2017
1) President-Elect Trump has already threatened to terminate the U.S.-Cuba deal. This already led to increase in inquiries from U.S.Clients keen to book and go while relations have eased.
2) First Hotelier-in-Chief. Donald Trump presents an amazing opportunity for hotel industry as the first hotelier to become president.
3) At a top level, President_Elect Trump ran on limiting the movement of people and goods. That is not good for travel. In the short-term the world sees the U.S. as less open to tourism.
4) Meanwhile U.S.airline companies could capitalize on Trump, protectionism if the government limits flights to the U.S. by Gulf companies. Reducing consumer choice lead to raising airfares.
5) The thinking is that if Muslims are restricted in their ability to visit the U.S. comparable actions may be taken against American tourists visiting other countries.
Original in Conde Nast Traveller